Wednesday 5 January 2011

I need to go back to work for a rest!

Sadly, I haven't managed to get any knitting done, but I have no work due until next week, so I am hoping to get my needles out tomorrow.
DD spent all day yesterday in bed, but made it into school today and seems brighter. And I have got the house sorted:
- all of the christmas decs are down and packed away
- a weeks worth of food has been cooked, and is in the fridge and/or freezer
- lunches for work have been made
- house has been vaccuumed, so why does Topsey insist on pulling her fur out - ggrrrrrrr, bloody cat!
- chickens have been fed porridge, and we have had another egg, one a day for the new year - good girls.


What I really wanted to do today was add to my patchwork quilt I started last year. DH bought me some more fabric from salsnippets when we went to the Vintage Fair last year, and I finally got my hands on it for Christmas but have had no time to do anything with it. Today was planned to be that day! but as my first job was to unblock the dishwasher and I discovered I had to buy a special screwdriver (who knew!) to take the pump out, so that wasn't done, the rest of the day kind of went to pot.

Anyway, DD took some lovely photos of Christmas bits which I will pop on here starting off with our Christmas Icicles, in lieu of photos of my 4 headed amaryliss (which has already had 2 heads on it) and my beautiful hyacinths. (eta I forgot to link to her blog - god, am I in trouble!!!!!)

Off to watch Indiana Jones - how fab is that on a Wednesday evening, thank you BBC1 x

No comments: