Saturday 19 January 2008

Just found the cable so I can show you what.....









I spent money on today...so much for the yarn diet - lol!
I found a new LYS today...OMG, I have died and gone to heaven. I read about it on Knit the Knits blog so had to go and have a look - I had a quick look on t'internet before going; here, and even found a group on Ravelry...so I had to go didn't I?

Well if I had to picture a perfect place to buy yarn, this is it.......it is like Ravelry come to life. Lots of very friendly people who completely understand it when I ask to pet their Knitpicks Options - yes, I have seen some in reality - sigh! and ask to pet their Argosy too ;) There were all sorts of yarns I only dream about; Malabrigo, Noro, Handmaiden, and yes you know me and my thing for dischcloths..........Peaches n Creme :) and loads of others that have now escaped me as I am on yarn overload.......

What did I buy? What didn't I buy?????? So much for the yarn diet - tut!
Here goes:
4 x Peaches n Creme
4 x Noro Kureyon
2 x Noro Silk Garden Lite,

AND a skein of Malabrigo, worsted weight.....which Jo very kindly would for me in the shop - yes, I will repeat that for anyone from the UK that might be reading this.....SHE WOUND IT FOR ME IN THE SHOP - for anyone who may be from other parts, this doesn't generally happen in this country (though I am happy to be wrong if anyone knows of anywhere else)
DH and I got a cuppa, and a share on a plate of jaffa cakes too. People were popping in being taught to knit by a very knowledge Raveller/Ravelryer (is that the right term???), others were coming in checking on the Knit and Natter nights, others to say hello - it was fab!
If you are anywhere near Warwick, even as close as a few hundred miles, please call in.....

did I mention that there are currently discounts on the yarn i.e. "25% here, 15% there.....

2 comments:

Batty said...

If you're going to break your yarn diet, you have to do it with a bang, not for one pathetic skein of yarn. So: Excellent job! If you're going to fall off the bandwagon, you might as well really enjoy it.

steel breeze said...

Ooh! *waves* 'twas I that was teaching on Saturday! Thanks for the complement, nice to be appreciated! Next week I am teaching sock knitting to 7 people - hope they are well-behaved, or I shall lose my voice!