Friday 4 April 2008

I have now lost DD and DH...

It seems that they missed their flight from Memphis to Newark and so missed their flight home....DD rang at 00.17am to tell me. I woke up suddenly and was a little disorientated to say the least. I don;t even know why I had taken the phone to bed - spooky!!....she was sooooo excited, 1 more night in New York - I think it comes under the adage of careful what you wish for!!

Needless to say DH was a little pissed off. The luggage had already gone through and should now be sitting in our local airport, so they only have hand luggage - so I guess DD gets to shop AGAIN!! DH had had a run-in with the car hire company in Memphis over payment - they had double charged him and to be honest I wasn't taking it all in as I was still half asleep, all I heard was blah, blah, blah $400 blah blah blah $800 blah blah blah fax machine blah blah blah pre-paid voucher and then he said oh what time is it with you? Is it late?.....and all I could get from DD was talk of a voucher for a cab and a voucher for a hotel in New York...I may never see her again!!

3 comments:

Kaye said...

If I didn't have to work today and they had wanted to hang at Newark Liberty--I could have totally hung! That airport is surprisingly really small.

weezalana said...

LOL - that what I hear when Hubster talks about sports. ;)

Batty said...

I just got back from New York. It's fun there, but I'm pretty sure you'll see them again. It's funny that they're stuck and it's not strictly Newark's fault... I used to fly out of that airport a lot, and I swear I never had a flight leave on time. Not once.