Monday 9 July 2007

Next day...WOOLFEST...

This is going to be very picture heavy, cos it is my blog and I can.....

First off a photo of me (not quite 40) and DH. Make the most of it, it is very rare that I have my photo taken. I hate it - ugh! Can you see my Knitty badge given to me by Knitherapy , and the flower I made with some handspun given to me by Toggle Anyway, onto yarny things....DH was let loose with the camera and this is what we got:




The one above is the stall of my LYS - Web of Wool, I didn't visit at the fest, but went over a few days later and, yes, made a purchase. It would have rude not to!
Here is Laughing Hens - doncha love their sofa.....
Look at these knickers that DD and I fell in love with - they were vvveeeerrrrryyyyy soft - hhhmmm


An angora rabbit - yes they do exist!
And above, I had finally wrestled the camera off her, is DD and DH, and a lama or is it an alpaca?
She is fascinated with Portaloos and had to use one!
Some sheep..............
And spotted, empty handed.
Then we drove to Scotland (as you do), cos it wasn't far away. We went to look at Gretna, but ended up here, a very small hamlet, but named after DHs surname, or was his lot named after the hamlet - what came first the Carruthers or the town - discuss:
and a couple of cows in someones garden.
Yarny posts tomorrow.

7 comments:

Bezzie said...

What kind of milk do you think those cows give?

What a fun time! And wow, is your DD a spitting image of you or what? Plant potatoes you get potatoes I suppose!

Nell said...

I had just the same thought as Bezzie, DD is definately her mother's daughter!!

Love those pants - I've been trying to dream up an idea for some big knickers since I knitted the Lacy Thong!

weezalana said...

Ditto Bez and Nell - your DD is a mini you!

I've never seen an angora rabbit before! It looks like a cat!

maryannlucy said...

ooh dear! DD is NOT happy, and can't see what you are getting at ;-)

Batty said...

Wow, that's just so much fun!

Discoknits said...

What a fab day out. The Angora rabbit is too cute. I love the knitted sofa too - that would be an awesome SNB sofa. And those cows look like Cow Parade cows to me - I remember when the Parade was in London - cool. :-)

Faerynuff said...

Wow - you and DD and 2 peas in a pod!

I've been looking for the knicker pattern...do you know which book it is in?

Hope you are all well!

DD - your mum is beautiful, and so are you :)