Thursday 24 February 2011

The sun is shining......

....it is like Spring, and the girls have been laying!
It really is hit and miss. They started relaying on January 1st, and then stopped again. Had a slight spurt at the beginning of February, and then stopped, and then this morning Amelie laid an egg. 

and with the sun out, it seemed like the ideal time to show you my latest treat....
Isn't he lovely? I am so happy with him. He has lived at the local antiques barn for some time, and has been there for our last few visits, so I decided he had to come and live with us. I knew I would be so upset if on my next visit he wasn't there. But there is a problem.....he doesn't hold water that well. I filled him full of water and daffodils on Saturday afternoon, and discovered on Sunday that the water seems to leak out of the base, and has marked my mantlepiece. I am not worried about the mantlepiece, but would welcome any ideas that anyone might have on how to make him water tight. he has a glaze and there appear to be no cracks or holes, but he is a leaker! But with a face like that, I can forgive him anything.






And finally I wanted to photo my blanket in the sunshine, thank you so much Attic 24 for your inspiration, I would never have tackled this. I would still say that I don't crochet, but I do follow her wonderful instructions. I started this for DD to take to Uni in September. I wanted it to be something to give her hug in the evenings, something from home and made with lots of love.
She immediately informed me that she doesn't like crochet, it makes her feel "icky".
Great!!
But since I have perservered I have caught her looking at it sideways......she has since told me that she will make a judgement when it is finished.....which I have taken to mean that actually it isn't that bad.

Must dash, I really must get this assignment done x

8 comments:

Coco Rose Diaries said...

Fab eggs.....gorgeous vase and bloomin' lovely blanket!

The sun is shining here too and it makes the world of difference!

Have a super rest of a day!

Vanessa xxxxxx

Floss said...

I am crazy about the colours here! How sunshiney...

I have a leaky vase too and I have used it fairly successfully just by putting it on a saucer - if yours only leaks a little that might do. But at the moment mine holds dried flowers, which solves the problem!

Dawn said...

I still only have one hen laying - my husband has started threatening them....
Your blanket is lovely - great colours!
My assignment is done at last, good luck with yours.
x

Rose&Bird said...

Great colours! Just tell DD that all the 'cool' kids love crochet - it's, 'like, vintage'!

lemonade kitty said...

I remember my mam having that very same vase when I was little, not too sure how to make it watertight. Love the rainbow coloured blanket and if DD doesn't want it I'll have it!! lol Lucey xx

VintageVicki said...

I do really need to work harder on MrVV to make him say yes to chickens.

I love the blanket - I bet your daughter will too.

charl said...

love the colours you have used in your blanket.. so wish i could crochet it always look so pretty!!..

vase is gorgeous as are your eggs!!!

Kaye said...

Woah, woah, woah, wait--when DD goes to UNI this September???? Ack! When did that happen!